<$BlogRSDURL$>

An avid movie collector reviews movies, games, and TV shows for the common man, among other things. Spoiler Free

Thursday, September 25, 2003

Buffy Season 3 Review

As you can notice I have been watching a lot of full seasons lately which may cause you to ask yourself what kind of a life I have. I don't have one, and now that I am out of Buffy Seasons I am depressed and alone. Buffy Season 3 is a step down from season 2 but a smallish step. The effects and fights are improved but they added too many characters, and it spread things a bit thin, now less of an ensemble show but more Buffy with occasional friends (and honestly I don't think anyone likes Buffy the most). Seth Green stepped up to a full time spot, a new slayer and watcher as well as new boyfriends and there was just too little time in the show to give them all purpose. Some episodes you would wonder why Xander would be doing a certain thing and it occurs to you that without it he would be entirely absent from the show. Which is probably part of the reason you don't always catch Seth Green he usually got cut first, followed by Charisma Carpenter. I think it was still deeply enjoyable, just a few less scenes with your favorite characters.

Interestingly, after all this Buffy I am actually considering buying the new Video game (Buffy Chaos Bleeds) where you can play as Buffy, Faith, Xander, Willow, or Spike (and I hear something about the Ventriloquist dummy???) and rock some house. Oh, and some multi-player (shame I don't have any friends to play with).

On a high note, I can now review movies again. Until I find a new TV show to watch through and obsess about. 24 Season 3 starts soon. I'll be OK.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?