<$BlogRSDURL$>

An avid movie collector reviews movies, games, and TV shows for the common man, among other things. Spoiler Free

Tuesday, September 23, 2003

Inspired by Dave's Blog

My favorite TV shows.

And once again for those who are new or forgetful, my lists are non-sequential. It is hard enough to narrow things down so much, to place them in some kind of actual order would give me stomach ulcers.

1. 24 - Best action/suspense show ever.
2. News Radio - My favorite sitcom, mostly because of the interplay between Dave Foley, Maura Tierney, and Phil Hartman. Andy Dick, Stephen Root (Squirrely guy from Office Space), and a pre-Man Show/Fear Factor Joe Rogan round out the hilarious cast. Shortened by the death of Phil Hartman the show ended after 5 seasons.
3. Mr. Show - Sketch Comedy at its best from two gifted comedy writers (forgive them for the Ben Stiller Show). The Mr. Show movie, Run Ronnie Run, just came out...watch it.
4. Buffy, The Vampire Slayer - It may be too early for me to add this, but I really liked the second season and the third season is coming together. Makes me dream of killing creatures, which is nice.
5. Tenacious D - Another HBO comedy show, spawned Jack Black's career and contains some of the funniest songs and moments in TV history. Another short lived show, I think my tastes must be unique, or stupid.
6. Simpsons - Both funny and intelligent, this show is on everyone's list so I need not explain.
7. Family Guy - Funnier and harsher than the Simpsons but pushed too many buttons for network TV, pissed off Fox and got canned.
8. Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law - Adult Swim's finest show that for some reason isn't being made anymore. Japanimation has nothing to offer in the face of this and things like Space Ghost. Adult Swim sucks now and that official.
9. X-Men, the Animated Series - Besides Wolverine standing over someone about to stab and being knocked off (IN EVERY EPISODE) this is the best show I watched as a kid. Honorable mention for Thundercats but I forget most of that show...so...not on my list.
10. Brisco County Jr./Jack of all Trades - Bruce Campbell!!!! Weekly!!!!! Yaaaaahh!!!!!!Cancelled?!?!?!?!?Man...........

Wow, my list is weird. Feel free to ignore the rest of my posts.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?