<$BlogRSDURL$>

An avid movie collector reviews movies, games, and TV shows for the common man, among other things. Spoiler Free

Friday, September 26, 2003

Top Five Over-Rated Actresses (Inspired in Part by what CJ copped out of doing)

1. Julia Roberts - Not attractive, decent at best. Too much of a storkid (Some of you are familiar with the term, its a birdlike thinness to the legs and neck)
2. Heather Graham - Probably one of the worst actresses in the business, although in her defense she is often in ditzy roles.
3. Leelee Sobieski - Something bothers me, can't quite narrow it down for a description.
4. Charlize Theron - Yes, Attractive, BUT I find myself liking her less with each movie release. An interview on Conan O'Brien also left me with no respect for her.
5. Jennifer Lopez - Her stock already plummeted, but I felt like throwing my stone too.

Top 5 Under-Rated Actresses

1. Alyson Hannigan - Yes, I know I just came off a Buffy kick. But after seeing her play an evil version of herself in Season 3 I really wanted to see her in roles other than the squirrelly cute girl next door. IMDB has nothing on her plate after American Wedding so I am sad.
2. Sarah Silverman - Very funny and cool, but only seems to get in movies made by her friends. Shame
3. Thora Birch - She's doing OK, and she purposefully stepped out of big movies. But some mainstream parts would be nice.
4. Joan Allen - I haven't seen her in a part I didn't like. The perfect strong woman character, and plays the mom well.
5. Embeth Davidtz - She's the best female to be in your horror movie, whether its Army of Darkness, Fallen, or 13 Ghosts, she'll rock it out.

I almost had Carla Gugino and my friend George was pushing for Jennifer Tilly. And Joan Cusack always deserves praise. We'll give them honorable mentions.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?