<$BlogRSDURL$>

An avid movie collector reviews movies, games, and TV shows for the common man, among other things. Spoiler Free

Thursday, October 09, 2003

Angel Season 1 and Buffy Season 4 Reviews

Angel has quickly overtaken Buffy as a superior show, better writing and less dating are key in this equation. The first half of the season wasn't so great but once Wesley came on and replaced the gay demon the show has greatly improved. I'm not quite sure how much I love the new vampire hunter guy that came on at the end of the season and is a regular in Season 2, but I'll take him over one of Buffy's boyfriends anyday. Angel is a blend of great noir with some humor and kickin' action, this is one to watch.

Buffy Season 4 makes me sad because I can already see the show declining with no signs of possible redemption. Willow is gay now. Kind of a spoiler for those who haven't seen it but you may as well know the inevitable. I couldn't help think that if I wished hard enough the world would change and so she wouldn't, but alas no. She's a lesbian, who's partner is so boring I can only think of Jeff Bridges as a fair comparison. Today, I saw an old movie with Eliza Dushku and guess who?? the freakin boring lesbian! I shudder to think that it is Eliza's fault that this girl came on the show, I can only dream it was a coincidence. Another thing I found bizarre was that both Angel and Buffy ended with non-climatic episodes. Both of them whupped on their season long villians in the second to last episode, and then had just an ordinary episode to cap it off. Although Kudos to the Buffy finale for the great Apocalypse Now sequence with the old principle as Brando. Season 4 was still good but the Willow turn and the extreme focus on Buffy and her new boy made this season a marked decline from seasons 2 and 3. I am scared to continue, and maybe I should end now before it gets worse and keep my happy memories. But no, I must go on. Maybe, to my own destruction...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?