<$BlogRSDURL$>

An avid movie collector reviews movies, games, and TV shows for the common man, among other things. Spoiler Free

Thursday, October 30, 2003

Narc Movie Review

I love this movie for two reasons, it’s the darkest cop drama I have ever seen, and Ray Liotta is so freaking intimidating I have ruined two pairs of pants because of this movie. The acting is great, from every cheap hood to Jason Patric (Of Speed 2 fame, kidding he was in The Lost Boys too) and Liotta made it worth owning for me, should be enough to rent it for all of you. The story was good, and the gritty filmmaking enhances everything, I was expecting to see some inconsistencies in the direction because the movie was shuffled around in production and had more than one director. The reason being was that the producers didn’t want to release a film with Jason Patric as a lead (despite him being perfect for the part), so the money and all just never really came together right until Tom Cruise came in and saved the day (Note his production credit). This movie ruled because it lacked all the filler and random gratuitous scenes that populate the police movies of today (See Bad Boys 2 for definition of Gratuitous) this movie was just straight good until the end. Watch it once for me.

Angel Season 3 Review

The show continues to grow on me, and shows no signs of slowing down. Angel is even more dynamic now than last season, and the storyline (like Buffy) is more season long and developed than before. Although, I do miss some of the variety that you had with the less connected episodes of the first two seasons, the payoffs are greater with a continued story. The characters that you love have gotten more time, namely the Host, who is one of the more enjoyable characters from either show. Also, I think I am noticing more advancement in the special effects and fight choreography, although I had mixed feelings about the slow motion stuff they started using at the end of the season. The show is great, and if you don’t watch it you should start up soon, if not it’s your loss and I hate you.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?