<$BlogRSDURL$>

An avid movie collector reviews movies, games, and TV shows for the common man, among other things. Spoiler Free

Sunday, November 23, 2003

Death to Smoochy Review

I have seen it twice this weekend on HBO, and I just couldn't get myself to watch anything else. I don't quite get why this movie bombed, it is different, but you think Robin Williams alone would have brought the audience to make it a hit. This movie made me laugh out loud more (even as my 5th or so viewing) than most comedies can dream to. For those of you who saw the Fuscia Rhino on the cover and decided to rent The Hot Chick, rethink that one and go rent Death to Smoochy. This is Danny DeVito's best dark comedy and Robin Williams' greatest comedic performance in years, and this may be a rare opportunity to see Edward Norton in a comedic role. You also get some great supporting actors including Jon Stewart, Catherine Keener, Vincent Schiavelli, and DeVito himself. You have to see this one at least once, and once you do you'll consider buying it. The DVD features are sweet, and the outtakes are golden with Williams.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?