<$BlogRSDURL$>

An avid movie collector reviews movies, games, and TV shows for the common man, among other things. Spoiler Free

Thursday, November 06, 2003

More Game Reviews

I have ended my affair with Gamefly.com and begun courting Triggerfingers.com. This establishment is based in the mid-west and as it proved this week, the delivery time is much improved. Although this service isn't quite as sweet as Gamefly.com (for instance the game I really want, Kill.Switch, isn't available despite coming out last week) although it is cheaper and I get three games a month instead of 2. So in most respects this service is superior, hopefully we will fall in love and have pixeled children. Here are two of the games I got this week, the other is Viewtiful Joe from Gamecube which is for my roomate George and for those of you who are interested he loves it deeply.

Tony Hawk Underground PS2

It's amazing. I was afraid that it would be similar to Tony Hawk 4 (which sucks, well at least compared to 3), and I was even more frightened when it was true. However, they made it work this time. It is still open ended, but with the storyline addition (You create a skater and follow their rise from street hood to corporate monkey) it makes it enjoyable, whereas the last one just felt cheap and aimless. I recommend for all Tony Hawk fans, and people interested in the genre. Note: I recently earned a grind where I moonwalk on the board...Its awesome.

Freedom Fighters PS2

This game is probably the best shooting game I have played in a long time for a console system. It has camera work issues, but ultimately its pure brilliance. The game follows a group of rebels in a world where America has been taken over by Soviet Russia. I am a blossoming leader who leads small teams to slowly retake America. The gameplay is great, I can play full-on Rambo style if I feel so lead, or I can orchastrate my team together and strategically outflank and outmanuever my enemies. I tend to mix the two, I usually set my team to back me up and then I Kamikaze attack up the middle for the maximum level of bloodlust. I fell in love quickly with this game, it is definately worth renting. Part of me is considering the purchase, maybe after Christmas...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?