<$BlogRSDURL$>

An avid movie collector reviews movies, games, and TV shows for the common man, among other things. Spoiler Free

Monday, November 10, 2003

Supporting Actor of the Week

Danny Trejo



Many have been waiting for the day that I would feature Danny Trejo, one of our favorite supporting actors, however since many were waiting I thought I would draw it our for awhile, you know...for suspense. But now is the time to praise him for all the wonderful action roles that he has played over the years. His most notable roles were in ConAir (As Johnny 23), Desperado (Cool Knife Guy), and for some of you the uncle from Spy Kids. Robert Rodriguez uses him is just about every movie he touches because he has such a presence that almost instantly translates to greatness in action movies (also he's his cousin). Although I didn’t see it I hear that Rodriguez even used him in Once Upon a Time in Mexico despite his character dying in Desperado, therefore he is so important it is worth the inconsistency to have him. For me he is always Johnny 23, one of the best villains in a movie that was jam-packed full of them. Therefore, I am making ConAir the required viewing of the week, for those of you who even care to take my advice to heart. Actually, I don’t always even listen to myself. I shamed the legacy of last week’s actor by not honoring him with a viewing, but I promise to make it up.

Note: IMDB lists his birthday as in 1944. That would make him almost 60 years old, which just boggled my mind and required me to go to bed.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?