<$BlogRSDURL$>

An avid movie collector reviews movies, games, and TV shows for the common man, among other things. Spoiler Free

Monday, December 29, 2003

Christmas Goodies

Ah the year was good for DVD's, and in addition to my previous DVD acquisitions I also received.

The Silence of the Lambs - Criterion Edition - Thanks Julie



I own many many Criterion DVD's now, and this one is probably the most rare. It went out fo print some time ago, and has a commentary track that includes everyone important from the picture.

The Indiana Jones Series - Thanks Mom and Dad



It is a bare bones collection (Stupid Spielberg) with very few features, but I have delayed the purchase of this trilogy for the fated day they would release it on Widescreen DVD. One of the few trilogies that was great throughout, despite people who hate the finale with Sean Connery. Idiots...

R.E.M. The Videos - Thanks Julie



All the R.E.M. videos from their career with Warner Bros. which is a nice collection. Further enhances my R.E.M. library.

Blue Man Group - Live from the Complex Tour - Thanks Mom and Dad



Julie saw this in Barnes and Noble and it was the selection that I spent my gift card on, they were one of the most memorable concerts I saw in my lifetime, so why shouldn't I have it immortalized on DVD. Nice quality, plus I get the music videos with Dave Matthews and Bush's Gavin Rossdale.

Fargo - Thanks to the Persings



The Coen brothers are neat, and this movie has some interesting flavor to it. Once again I yearn for some of that commentary.

No Doubt - Boom Box - Thanks Mom and Dad



I wanted this the moment it was announced. This collection is 2 cd's and 2 dvd's, the first cd is the greatest hits collection, and the second is the rarities and covers collection. The first DVD is all their videos, and the second is a live show. What more could you want? I guess maybe a poster or something.

The Italian Job - Thanks Glenn

I already owned this but as a fool I accidentally bought it in full screen instead of widescreen (Because part of my mind wonders why Full Screen even exists and forgets to consider it) Luckily, my cousin Glenn is one of the people who like Full Screen and when he got the Widescreen for Christmas we traded. Thank God

I also received two magazine subscriptions

Q - Thanks Mom and Dad

Q Magazine is probably going to quickly become my favorite music magazine, and I can't wait to get the first issue.

Script - Thanks to the Dynows

Some quality articles and very few ads, just like I like it. Sadly, its a Bi-Monthly so I will have to digest them slowly. Although I think unlike most of my magazines I think these are worth repeat readings.

My Criterion Collection
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?