<$BlogRSDURL$>

An avid movie collector reviews movies, games, and TV shows for the common man, among other things. Spoiler Free

Saturday, December 20, 2003

The New Holy Trilogy



Since I am on a rampage of destroying classic titles I am going to officially strip Star Wars of its title of “The Holy Trilogy” for two reasons. One, it is no longer a trilogy. And two, Lord of the Rings is superior in almost every way imaginable. I don’t need to list reasons (ENTS Can You Believe IT?!?!) just watch them, its ridiculous to even compare them anymore. It’s like trying to pit the Bad Boys series against Indiana Jones. Star Wars is dethroned, and unless Mace Windu is the main character of the next sequel it might not be considered for best 6 part series. (Hint: Mace Windu probably dies in the next sequel)

Most of you probably saw Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King on Wednesday or are planning on hitting that up this weekend. You will not be disappointed, it is excellent, and I will see it again, and maybe even a third time while in the theatres. I won’t review it because I can’t ruin it for you, and I couldn’t do it justice. I’m an awful writer, just look at my “King of Pop” blog. Seriously…

Sources of Internet Entertainment

I am hoping to encourage my two blogging friends (Dave and CJ) to make a similar list and maybe to encourage e-mails to give me more ideas because I often don’t know what to do online other than shop. And I don’t have the money for Ebay anymore.

Top Sources of Entertainment Online



1. Homestarrunner.com – You really ought to know about this site, for those of you who don’t it is an animation site which releases a weekly cartoon (Monday Morning) which is almost always hilarious. And for you new-comers you get to watch through the archives of humor, I do envy you.



2. Penny-Arcade.com – This site is best served to video gamers, but there are many comics which can be universally enjoyed. They release a comic every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday which is excellent for a triple fix of humor during the week.

3. Addictinggames.com – A site dedicated to those mindless games we all play, and best of all its free with no downloads. If you do visit, check the games with the Hot Tamales next to them.

4. Movies.com – The buzzbin is an exciting read every Monday; it has a quick article and link for the top 20 movies in production according to Buzz, so it changes more than you would think week to week.

5. Other Blogs – I read a bunch of Blogs most of which I link to on the right, they update sporadically so I can’t rely on a consistent fix.

As you can see I only have a few places to go for fun, and Tuesday and Thursday are devoid of a routine update. If you know other fun places, other than mindless games then please tell me. I have no life.

P.S. - I officially condemn Chris for not updating his site yet this month. No school excuse can account for a month of sloth. For shame.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?