<$BlogRSDURL$>

An avid movie collector reviews movies, games, and TV shows for the common man, among other things. Spoiler Free

Wednesday, January 07, 2004

Snoring in LBC

I am sorry about my absence from Blogging. I’m not quite as bad as CJ (ahem) but I have faltered. The reason being is that I am taking a winterim in Lancaster and the computer here is slow as molasses. However, since my teacher has no brain at all, and since I have taken the course already, and since I have no tests I don’t pay attention in class but instead write blog material. So here are some dumb things I made up, and look forward to some big things in the future. I have been writing quite a bit. Oh, and my aunt got me this cd full of old old arcade games that I am loving. See if you remember any of these titles

1. Tapper (Hey Phil remember Tapper??? Eh, you know the Root Beer one?)
2. Altered Beast
3. Pac-Man
4. Bad Dudes
5. Bubble Bobble
6. Contra
7. Dig Dug 2
8. Gauntlet
9. Final Fight
10. Heianyko Alien (Chris I found it!!! Its that weird game where you dig holes to trap aliens)
11. Rampage
12. Rolling Thunder

You probably recognize many of them as classic Nintendo games but no, these are the arcade versions. And I have like 800 to play with ranging from Atari to Nintendo to Neo-Geo. It is soooooo good.

Oh, and those of you who are ashamed of me as I play in class. Trust me this professor is so ignorant my ears bleed when I slip up and start listening. He is so vacuous he is beyond description, and I loathe my time here. I learn more from one round of Rampage than from his entire 4 hour class.

Dean’s Guilty Pleasures

These are the things that you can add to a movie and they alone will probably make me like it,

1. Sharks
2. Skeletons that walk around
3. Keith David or John C. McGinley
4. A blind camera gag
5. An actor or actress from one of my Favorite TV shows
6. Feel good elements (I really am a sucker for feel-good movies)
7. An alien
8. Silly Hats
9. Cheech
10. A shotgun

I could probably think of more. But that’s good enough.

SNL

Many of you know that Comedy Central no longer has the rights to Saturday Night Live. And in its place they bought Mad TV which is probably the longest running piece or flaming feces that has ever aired. At first I was upset (and I will never forgive them for buying Mad TV) but E! who bought SNL has been faithful with their end of the bargain and are making better use of SNL right off the bat. Last night I watched the episode where The Rock hosted, why? Because it was advertised the night before. You mean they are advertising the individual episodes? Yes, indeed they are. As for those of you who missed it, you will live in ignorance and sadness until you do. It is one of the best shows ever because every skit is funny, and when I say funny, I mean laugh out loud funny. If you know me I don’t laugh out loud too much at comedy stuff, I tend to chuckle or I’m laughing inside, but not last night. Anyway, since they gave me great joy, I am shamelessly plugging E! and their SNL catalog. Enjoy.

Top Twenty Intense Moments in a Movie – No Particular Order

1. Plane Crash Sequence in Cast Away
2. Laser Death Sequence in Resident Evil
3. The Exorcism in The Exorcist
4. The Shower Room Showdown in The Rock
5. Final Battle in L.A. Confidential
6. Storming of Normandy in Saving Private Ryan
7. Dinner Table Hammer Scene in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
8. Wolf Showdown and Revenge Sequences in The Brotherhood of the Wolf
9. The Grizzly Battle in The Edge
10. Showdown at 5 Points in Gangs of New York
11. Storming the Fortress Scene in Glory
12. The Death of Delacroix in The Green Mile
13. The TV Entrance in The Ring
14. The Distress Video in Event Horizon
15. The Jail Overrun in Natural Born Killers
16. Ving Deflowered in Pulp Fiction
17. The Hiding of the Girl in The Grey Zone
18. The Missing Ear/The Final Showdown in Reservoir Dogs
19. The Mormon Outpost Battle in Starship Troopers
20. Murphy’s Death in Robocop
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?