<$BlogRSDURL$>

An avid movie collector reviews movies, games, and TV shows for the common man, among other things. Spoiler Free

Sunday, January 04, 2004

Supporting Actors of the Week

The Men of Office Space

While celebrating the beginning of the new year with friends, we opted to watch Office Space and although it isn't the only movie we watched it is the one most laden with great supporting actors. And here are a few.

Gary Cole



I have seen a good bit of Gary Cole lately, and since I love him so much I will give him this week's honor of being first listed. Just about everyone knows him from Office Space as the "unholy pig of a boss" Lumberg, and some of you know him as the voice of Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law. An maybe some of you only watch big budget pictures and you then would recognize him as the only funny character in I Spy with Eddie Murphy and Owen Wilson. But aside from these you have most likely seen him at some junction in your life and he made you laugh. We'll forgive him for the Brady movie he was involved in.

Stephen Root



I loved him in News Radio as the eccentric millionaire boss Jimmy James, but its hard to forget his role of Milton in Office Space. He doesn't have quite the list of great roles, but I am hoping for some paydirt for him in the future. Keep an eye out for him and Gary Cole in Dodgeball: The Movie which is coming together with quite a cast, and later opposite Will Farrell in Anchorman.

Diedrich Bader



Most known for his role on the Drew Carey Show, Diedrich Bader has been getting a handful of good supporting roles over the past few years. He was a funny security guard in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, and then its a laundry list of voice work from Gargoyles the animated show to Ice Age and the Country Bears. And if you think back a ways he played Jethro in The Beverly Hillbillies movie.

Ron Livingston



Although he is the star of this movie, generally Ron is a supporting actor. He was good in Adaptation, and Band of Brothers, and the one episode of Sex and the City that I saw had him in it and at least he was enjoyable. He is also featured in The Cooler which stars William H. Macy and I have been interested in seeing this for awhile. Sadly, I will have to wait until it comes on video.

Michael McShane



Mike McShane is hilarious. Whether it is in an old rerun of Whose Line is it Anyway?, as Friar Tuck in Robin Hood Prince of Thieves, or as Professor Keenbeen in Richie Rich, he is funny. We only get a taste of him in Office Space, but it is good enough for a laugh, and how much more can you ask for? He doesn't get enough roles, and I'm actually angry about that, but maybe someday...

Those of who have been reading me for awhile have already read my John C. McGinley blog (Go way back he was my first ever) and since he is featured in Office Space I will re-mention him, but for pictures and such check my archives.

Also, for those of you who feel I slighted Ajay Naidu (Samir) and David Herman (Michael Bolton) they haven't done much that I enjoyed other than Office Space so...and Jennifer Aniston is doing fine she doesn't need plugging.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?