<$BlogRSDURL$>

An avid movie collector reviews movies, games, and TV shows for the common man, among other things. Spoiler Free

Friday, February 13, 2004

Firefly - Worst Cancellation Ever

Yes, even worse than the cancelation of Family Guy because at least we got 3 seasons out of that. This is the third series that Joss Whedon created following Angel and Buffy and this one is by far the best. I love Angel and Buffy deeply, but this show was near flawless, and I am actually feeling great sadness over its cancellation. But just like Family Guy its DVD sales are respawning talks of a return, and a movie is already in production. If the movie does well, this might be the second time Fox got slapped for cancelling two good shows and having to take them back. I honestly would love more episodes of Firefly, and I will probably buy the DVD eventually. If you like Sci-Fi at all, this is some top shelf ish.

Fox,

I want to love you so much, I mean you brought about The Simpsons, 24, Family Guy, and Buffy. But come on, is it really that hard to know when you have a good thing? Lets see, Firefly...is it popular? yes...did it win an Emmy? Yes... What were you thinking? Oh, and did Family Guy win an Emmy? Um Yeah. You lack what we call common sense, but I think it goes beyond that. This demonstrates a clear void of intelligence somewhere up top in your organization. I recommend the ritual slaughter of those involved, and make an earnest effort to return these shows to the air. Thank You

Dean McCarthy

I don't usually care this much but two good shows from one station is just too much.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?