<$BlogRSDURL$>

An avid movie collector reviews movies, games, and TV shows for the common man, among other things. Spoiler Free

Monday, March 01, 2004

Ah yes, back to The Passion

I forgot to blast the whole Jewish hoopla about the movie, how dumb am I? The criticism was entirely unfounded for three reasons.

1. It's a recorded fact that the Jews took part in the Crucifixtion (Roman Historical Documents, The Bible)
2. Mel Gibson showed two Jewish leaders up and leave during the questioning of Jesus, so he showed that not all Jews are evil (which he didn't have to do).
3. He showed the Jewish leaders kind-of repent at the end (which he didn't have to do).

All of these make for an inoffensive film in terms of Anti-Semitism. However, the hoopla probably helped it make more money so hooray for whiners.


In case, you didn't realize already I like random pictures. I was hoping for a grumpy picture like the "My Brain Hurts" Monty Python guy. But this was too strange not to post. Actually, I'll put up the brain hurts guy too.



I picked up Lost in Translation and Once Upon a Time in Mexico today, and I also borrowed a copy of Buffalo Soldiers (Starring Joaquin Phoenix and Ed Harris). Expect reviews in the days to come.

P.S. - Wasn't Charlize Theron in Reindeer Games? Wouldn't that make her ineligible for an Academy Award? Someone should notify the Academy.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?