<$BlogRSDURL$>

An avid movie collector reviews movies, games, and TV shows for the common man, among other things. Spoiler Free

Thursday, March 11, 2004

Starsky and Hutch Review



I felt very compelled to see this, despite the fact that I seldom go to comedies in the Theatre. And I must say that it was very funny, and one of the funniest movies I have seen at the theatres in a long time. For the first two-thirds of the movie you are laughing almost non-stop, and the last third is no slouch either. I went in hoping for something as funny as Zoolander and this is even better, so if you liked that one you have to catch this. The acting was good, Owen and Ben are as good as usual and their play off of each other is only getting better. Snoop Dogg was hilarious making this the best role of his career. Plus, good performances from Will Ferrell (hilarious), Juliette Lewis, Vince Vaughn, Fred Williamson, Carmen Electra, Amy Smart, and Jason Bateman. The only thing I didn't like was the original Starsky and Hutch cameo, it was a bit corny and usually you try to work them in more subtle than they did here.



I am going to instititute my new rating scale today, which is "Buy", "Rent", or "Run". It is pretty simple. If I really liked it I am going to buy it, and you can take that as a vote of confidence from me. If it was worth watching but not owning, its a renter. And if it damaged me to watch it I will tell you to run as I wish I had. This one is a "Buy". Actually, I want to watch it again. There were too many laughs in the first half to fully absorb, I might need another pass.




My new problem is that I want to see almost everything that is coming out in the next few months. So many that I will make a list.

March 19th - Dawn of the Dead (Does it get any better than this??)
---------------- Taking Lives (Finally, an Angelina Jolie movie I want to see, plus Keifer)
March 26th - Scooby Doo 2 (I liked the first one, remember by weakness for feel-good movies)
---------------- Lady Killers, and Ned Kelly are possibilities, but because of competition I probably will skip them
April 2nd ---- Envy (Another Ben Stiller movie, but this time with Jack Black, I have been waiting)
April 9th ----- Walking Tall (I love The Rock, not because of wrestling, but I think he is better than Schwartzeneggar was and is, because unlike Arnold he has the comic ability, and lacks nothing in physical prowess)
---------------- Whole 10 Yards (Debatable, I own the first, and it was good. A good trailer might spin me)
April 16th --- Kill Bill vol. 2 (I need resolution)
---------------- The Punisher (I could be wrong, but I think this might rule. Don't write it off because of John Travolta)
April 23rd and 30th - Finally some weeks off, probably to catch up on what I missed from above
May 7th ----- Van Helsing (Every time I see the trailer I want to dream of killing vampires, this will be the fruition of my dreams)
May 14th --- Troy (A grand scale action movie, I think by May I will have recovered from LOTR, and wanting some more)
May 21st --- Shrek 2 (Nah, this will probably suck) Week Off
May 28th --- Day After Tomorrow (I can't remember the last disaster film I watched, I'm due, and this looks good)
June 4th ---- Harry Potter (Julie won't have to drag me to this, I want to see it too)
---------------- Mindhunters (I never heard of it until now but listen LL Cool J, Val Kilmer, and Christian Slater...Potential)
June 11th --- Chronicles of Riddick (I loved Pitch Black, and I'm sold on the promise of a sequel)
June 18h ---- Might be a week off, but Around the World in 80 Days, and Dodgeball might vie for my viewing pleasure)
June 25th --- Maybe Garfield (but I think that will be a rental first)
July 2nd ----- Spiderman 2 (You can't deny this)
July 9th ------ Anchorman (Might attract me, but probably not enough) Week Off
July 16th ---- Week Off, although I haven't seen anything about I, Robot. It might spike in interest.
July 23rd ---- Catwoman might grab me, but doubtful. And The Bourne Supremacy angers me. Week Off
July 30th ---- The Village (M. Night is back and so am I)
August 6th -- Collateral might work, but probably another week off.
August 13th- Alien Vs. Predator (I have waited so long...)
August 20,27th - Weeks off. August Sucked, except Alien vs. Predator of course.
Sept 3rd ----- Another week off, ugh.
Sept 10th --- Resident Evil 2 (Excellent)
The Rest of the Year hasn't fully shaped up but it looks dismal. But man, I am going to drop a lot of coin on movies this year.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?