<$BlogRSDURL$>

An avid movie collector reviews movies, games, and TV shows for the common man, among other things. Spoiler Free

Tuesday, April 06, 2004

Movies of which I am ashamed to Love

Pee-Wee’s Bid Adventure



Pee-Wee is almost a dirty word. Ever since the scandal with Paul Reubens it has been taboo to enjoy Pee-Wee. But I don’t care, this movie rules. It’s a Tim Burton movie so I am already into it, then it has so much good humor you can’t deny it. I loved it as a kid, and it still makes me laugh today. And no matter how old you are, you have to rewind and watch Large Marge in Slo-Mo.

Ernest Movies



Another childhood love that didn’t die. Ernest is just hilarious. The physical comedy is always excellent, and Jim Varney is one of the best at making memorable comic faces. They are an innocent delight, and no child could deny its power. I just revert back to that mindset and delight in these movies. The best from the series are Ernest Goes to Jail and Goes to Camp.

FX 2



Not many people even remember this movie, whose biggest star was Brian Dennehy, but this was a delightfully fun action movie. Brian Dennehy works well as a humorous actor, and the action scenes were very original. Feel-Good action movies are always good, and this one stands out because of its originality, although its lack of a hot star killed it.

Hulk Hogan Movies



I was a Hulkamaniac, I still am. If Hulk Hogan showed up today and told me we had to go fight crime I would grab my vitamins and go. I just love the man, he is one of the best heroes from my youth, and I loved seeing him in movies…no matter how dumb. Before you ask, yes, I do own Mr. Nanny. It’s a stupid fun family movie, and I will one day show it to my kids so they can look up and be ashamed of me. The same goes for Suburban Commando, and No Holds Barred. And I created him in Smackdown. It is sooooo good.

National Lampoon’s Loaded Weapon 1



One of the easily forgotten National Lampoon movies. But how could you deny the casting? Emelio Esteves, Samuel L. Jackson, Tim Curry, Jon Lovitz, and Kathy Ireland. It is just ridiculous spoofing of our favorite action movies like Lethal Weapon, and Die Hard, and honestly Samuel L. Jackson is hilarious in comedies. I was really hoping we would get some sequels since a number was in the name, but since I think that it flopped we will probably be denied forever.

Muppets Take Manhattan



I love this movie too much. My girlfriend hates it but I start singing songs from this all the time, usually “Right Where I Belong”. It is a really good movie as far as drama, and you can’t hate the Muppets unless you are a Nazi bastard. No Muppet movie is as good as this one, and I will be buying the recently released DVD soon.

The New Guy



D.J Qualls? How could this be good? But oh man is it good. Its one of the funniest teen comedies to come out in a few years, actually I think the last one that I felt was worth owning was probably Can’t Hardly Wait. Qualls pulls of the lead role without a hitch, and the supporting cast left nothing to be desired. It’s another feel-good movie, and it should be enjoyed by all.

Star Trek Movies



It's hard to enjoy anything related to Star Trek without being declared a nerd, but the Next Generation show and movies are all top shelf quality. I recently picked up some of the classic movies but I don't know when I will get around to them, but I do really yearn to finish watching the series, I am waiting for the opportunity to watch seasons 4-7.

Crocodile Dundee Series



For some reason this series has become a shameful thing, and I don't know why. The movies are the perfect blend of action and humor, and all action comedies should measure up to them. And Paul Hogan is my hero, and it would require much deception for you not to agree. The third in the series can be ignored, but the first two are flawless.

Dick Tracy



This movie was great, how can it be denied. I hear the stupidest reasons for its lack of worth. "Unnh...Madonna is in it" "Ahhhh...Al Pacino looks stupid" Come on. The movie was a delightful comic movie, with great casting with Pacino, Madonna, Warren Beatty, Dustin Hoffman, William Forsythe, Mandy Patankin, Paul Sorvino, Kathy Bates, and Dick Van Dyke. This is probably my favorite movie that Madonna made, and the only one I like with Warren Beatty. Actually, I have yet to purchase this one, and after writing this I really want it.

That's it for this round, but I have a slew of guilty pleasure movies in my collection, so I might do this again.

I'll do the Supporting Actor update tomorrow. I'm tired.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?