<$BlogRSDURL$>

An avid movie collector reviews movies, games, and TV shows for the common man, among other things. Spoiler Free

Friday, May 21, 2004

I feel bad since I have been updating so little, and since I am not experiencing any media at all I have been stretching to think of things to say. Normally, I would resort to list making and the like, however I don't have any computer time to think them up and type them out. So I sit in front of the computer and have to think of something off the fly. So today, its my thoughts on Greatest Hit Cds.

These are my gripes with Greatest hits cds. Since I enjoy lots of music and many different artists often I find that buying a Greatest Hits album saves a bit of money and space. I own probably over 100 cds that are just Grt Hts collections. But certain things about them bug me. These are them.

1. Put all your hits on one set.

The Kinks pissed me off the most because it took me forever to find a CD that had all their hits. They have like 5 good songs, and I wanted to find a collection that had those 5 on one CD. I found one, sort of, which it leads me to my next.

2. Don't put a live version of your best song on the collection, unless it is bonus.

The Kinks CD has "Lola" live, its not as good and I wish they had the studio version instead or also. If its a Peter Frampton cd I want his hits live because thats how we know them, but otherwise give me the studio cut.

3. Don't Neglect Hot Songs.

Why doesn't Bruce Springteen put "Pink Cadillac" on his Hits Collection? We all know it was a "B" side and he didn't expect it to be a hit, but it was...embrace it Bruce. Lots of bands died off without having a song as good as "Pink Cadillac", you shouldn't hide it on that mega-expensive rarity collection that nobody wants. Put Cadillac next to "Cover Me" it belongs.

4. Don't repackage the original cd and pass it off as a Greatest Hits Cd.

The Men at Work Greatest Hits is the same as "Business as Usual" their first album. All you want is "Who can it be now?", and "Land Down Under". The collection is a joke, and someone should be ashamed.

5. If you are an old band, release a Hits cd, before all the cheap knock-offs hit the shelves.

I have like 3 cheap James Brown collections, and all I really want is the 50 song collection that I got Phil as a present. It took him forever to release that deliciousness, and its not like he is pumping out new material. The same goes for Parliament, I think I have a few cheapies of them too.

My Triggerfinger rentals got shipped to the wrong address since I moved, but my wonderful old roommate should be sending them out to me soon. As soon as they arrive I will try to pump out some reviews. Also I saved up for Bubba Ho Tep which comes out this week. Expect a review the second I finish watching it. I noticed it has multiple commentaries one of which is Bruce Campbell as Elvis. I plan to get hours of enjoyment out of this one.

And maybe this week I will actually do a Supporting Actor of the week. I have been delaying because the picture finding process which used to take 5 minutes would take 3 hours on this computer. Although Cable internet might be in my future. Fingers Crossed...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?