<$BlogRSDURL$>

An avid movie collector reviews movies, games, and TV shows for the common man, among other things. Spoiler Free

Monday, May 31, 2004

My Beloved

I got engaged a few weeks ago. I didn't want to throw it up on here too fast so I could call people and tell them in person, but I sucked at that so I am throwing it up now. If I didn't call you I still love you, but I am dumb and busy and Julie is busy and in another country. I'm pretty excited about it, and all that but when I was playing with the name Anagram thing that Dave put on his site I got this.

JJudicial
UUnusual
LLight
IIntense
EExhausting

Name / Username:


Name Acronym Generator
From Go-Quiz.com

I wouldn't normally put stock in this sort of thing, especially since "Dean" yielded such mundane results. But Exhausting, Judicial, Intense, and Unusual...very interesting. I wonder what I am getting into. Even better I wonder how Judicial and Intense she will be when she gets back from Japan and reads this blog. That should be some funny stuff.


Don't I look like an arrogant Businessman? Oh and check this out.


You know you fear it.

Bubba Ho Tep

I finally got my hands on Bubba Ho Tep. I yearned anxiously for it, and I ran into town and picked it up. I watched it in bed sometime this week and really enjoyed it, despite not really knowing what I was going to be watching. Bruce Campbell called it a "Redemptive Elvis, Mummy Flick" I like that and I'll attest to that as truth. For those of you who missed my previous blogs and who never looked into it, Bubba Ho Tep is about a Soul Sucking mummy who infests a Retirement home inhabited by the Aging Real Elvis (Bruce Campbell) and a crazy black man who thinks he is JFK (Ossie Davis). These two men rise up, very slowly, to battle the ancient being, and it is entertaining. It isn't a riotous comedy or a rocking action movie, actually the majority of the movie is drama laced with those other things. It was smarter than I expected, and Bruce Campbell was as good as he ever is. I look forward to the Commentaries, both of which I will be listening to over the next month at some point. I would recommend it to movie savvy people, it might require a grander sense of humor and movies than a casual movie lover usually has. You people should know who you are, if you consider yourself one check this movie out. If not go see Troy and tell me if it is any good. Julie saw it in Japan without me and I think it is likely I won't see it until video. I don't know what I want to see next in Theatre, although I can tell you it won't be Catwoman...that looks awful. Halle Berry showing skin shouldn't have been their main appeal, especially after Swordfish bombed. And Swordfish at least had other people in it, is anyone of importance in Catwoman? Honestly, I don't know. I haven't kept up with anything on this computer.



This is Dave's interpretation of me in his WWE game. He has re-inspired me to create more people in my game, however without a digital camera I can't show anything off. I'm on the far right tag teamed with Gunn from Angel, and we are about to wreck house on the undead fools Angel and Spike from the same show. Superhuman vampires or not, there is no way me and a black guy are going to lose a fight. It's like Mohammed Ali and Bruce Lee vs. Keenan and Kel from Good Burger. Like Ali and Lee had a chance...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?