<$BlogRSDURL$>

An avid movie collector reviews movies, games, and TV shows for the common man, among other things. Spoiler Free

Friday, May 07, 2004

Rise to Honor for PS2

I bought this in a resale shop, and was disappointed when I discovered that it was a demo. But I played the demo and thought I would review it as is. The fighting system is based on fighting multiple assailants much like the action sequences you would see in a Jet Li and Jackie Chan movies. So the main gameplay element is timing when to attack the swarming men assaulting you and trying to pull off the longest combo of moves. The fighting did start to get repititive and I only played one level once, so the game has the potential to be lame on that fact alone. But you did have some shooting levels which were a bit simplistic and some escaping levels which had you timing different jumps and shuffles to avoid gunfire and the like. Jet Li's likeness was pretty good, but the gameplay seemed to be lacking the quality I would want in a title. However, all of this is based on a demo, which may have been cleaned up before its release. But I haven't played a game yet that was really different at all from its Demo brother. So I would be wary of this game, but it would probably be a fun rental.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?