<$BlogRSDURL$>

An avid movie collector reviews movies, games, and TV shows for the common man, among other things. Spoiler Free

Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Ugh, Its been awhile.

Gearing up for Fourth of July and prepping for a wedding and all is exhausting and I have had some difficulty getting time on the computer but here I am to brighten all of your days.

Dodgeball: The Movie

Another goofy Ben Stiller movie in the vein of Zoolander and Starsky and Hutch. If you liked either of them you will enjoy Dodgeball. I thought it was funny, but the best part was the face Julie made at me when it was all over. Yeah, this one's not quite the best date movie. Call a guys night out and watch this one. The acting was the usual over-the-top acting that accompanies Stiller's movies, the hot actors in this one are Stiller, his wife Christine Taylor, Vince Vaughn, Alan Tudyk (The Redheaded Friend in A Knight's Tale), Stephen Root (Milton in Office Space), and a few memorable celebrity cameos. Its just stupid funny, you should know whether or not that is appealing to you.

Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines

I finally caught Terminator 3 and it was decent. Nothing spectacular, and surely not as good as its predecessor but enjoyable nonetheless. While the movie didn't fully delight me, I am hoping that the sequel friendly ending will finally give me what I wanted, the future battle between mankind and the robots which is always glimpsed in the first 3 movies. That is something I would like to see, just raw carnage and havok as humankind takes to the underground to rise up against the superior robots. The best part of this movie is that sequel possibility. The acting was kind of lame, Claire Danes was sufficient but wasn't extraordinary in any sense, and Arnold was his usual Cybernetic self. Nick Stahl was also kind of dull, and I would have rather had Edward Furlong return to play the character although he was probably in rehab or something. Watch it on HBO its on all the time, if not its a good renter.

Onimusha 3

I am still not very far into the game, roughly 3 hours, but it is going well. I am loving the variety of the game, and some minor RPG elements round out the delightful hack and slash action. If you liked Devil May Cry or games of that sort you will absolutely like this one. I will do a more thorough review someday, but since I play so seldom I thought occasional updates might help.

P.S. Jean Reno only voices his French Dialogue, when he speaks english its some Bum. I was disappointed, but nothing else has let me down thus far.




Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?