<$BlogRSDURL$>

An avid movie collector reviews movies, games, and TV shows for the common man, among other things. Spoiler Free

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Dreamcatcher

HBO has been very good at catching me up on those movies I wanted to see, just not enough to pay for them. The latest was Dreamcatcher, one of the latest film adaptations of a Stephen King novel. It has that Stephen King TV movie flavor, but with bigger actors, namely Morgan Freeman, Tom Sizemore, Jason Lee, Donnie Wahlberg, and The Punisher himself Thomas Jane. I liked it, but I wasn't enthralled or amazed. The story was a little too weird even for me, and although I tried my best to love it, I failed. It was entertaining though, and for a free show on HBO I was well pleased. I wouldn't fault you for renting it, but I wouldn't recommend you run out and grab it either. Although Morgan Freeman as a villian was fun to watch, he wasn't particularly scary but just envisioning him as evil was probably the highlight of the film.

CJ got me hooked on Ebay again...and I hate him. And although I haven't won anything yet since I was rehooked I am afraid that I might. But anyway here's the top 5 things I am looking for on Ebay.

1. Buffy Season 1 - I have to get Julie into this show so she'll stop making faces at me, and the only way is to start from the beginning.

2. Other Joss Whedon DVD Shows - Buffy Seasons 2-4, Firefly, and Angel Season 3 - She'll get around to these eventually

3. Mos Def Cd's - The problem with liking more underground artists is that you have to buy them full price. Ebay hasn't cured that problem yet, and Mos Def has still eluded me.

4. Shelf Monkeys - This term which I have coined refers to action figures that are not played with, and therefore are socially acceptable to purchase by adults. They no longer sit in boxes waiting to be played with, they are posed and placed upon one of my many shelves. Primarily I have been looking at (You guessed it) Angel and Buffy figure lines, but I haven't been able to stomach the costs. But someday the bargain may pop up.

5. Illuminated Bingo Board - This one isn't for me, my folks are interested in going 3-D with their Bingo hall at the campground. I have been having very poor luck so far, but once again...someday.

Oh and I have heard that 24 is a go for a 4th season, all of you who were holding your breath can relax. The best suspence/action show on TV (And only hour-long show any good on FOX, like Jason Priestly could really save Tru Calling) will be back, although I think the cast may have shuffled a bit. I missed the end of season 3 though, still waiting for that one to come to DVD.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?