<$BlogRSDURL$>

An avid movie collector reviews movies, games, and TV shows for the common man, among other things. Spoiler Free

Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Fox, you make me sad

Fox renewed Tru Calling for another season. This is the kind of show to cancel, the ones that actually suck. I want better for Eliza Dushku namely a Buffy spinoff focused around Faith, But back to Fox. How can you cancel Firefly, Family Guy, Freaks and Geeks, Heat Vision and Jack, etc and then keep Tru Calling? Two of those 3 won Emmy's and you canceled them, and Tru Calling has got nothing going on award wise. Rolling Stone even blasted you for your Hot Show canceling ways, when will you wake up? Now you still have 24, and you are bringing back Family Guy so we are still friends, but you are testing my limits.
Comments:
I hear you on this issue. I'm really quite sceptical of anything to do with Fox now. They also nailed Wonderfalls, which I thought was great. I could even go further back and blame them for Strange luck, but that would be petty. I supported the supporting characters on Dark Angel, but I can see why Fox would cancel that show. But Firefly - that was unforgivable. I'm so glad Serenity is on next year. Bet the Fox folks have egg on their face over that. Heat vision and Jack was a hoot too. That never even saw the light of day, just like Marti Noxon's project Still life (also starring a Firefly alumni, Morenna). I have a paranoid feeling that the reason Tru Calling got another season was to prevent a Faith spinoff. I'm sure Joss really must have annoyed Fox from time to time. Like I said, paranoid.

Nice blog.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?