<$BlogRSDURL$>

An avid movie collector reviews movies, games, and TV shows for the common man, among other things. Spoiler Free

Thursday, August 19, 2004

Propaghanda

I'm your average Joe voter, I swing back and forth with no ties to either party. But lately I have been bombarded with Anti-Bush messages from many sources namely Rolling Stone. See, I like my propaghanda delivered like a wise hitman slowly poisoning me for days on end. But this year it has been flaming barrages launched with sirens and strobe lights. Rolling Stone has been anything but subtle, with at least 1 if not 3 anti-Bush articles in each magazine each week since a few weeks after 9.11. I'm not a big Bush fan, but I don't like anyone being abused that much, especially the Commander-In-Chief. While I may disagree on many points, I do not condone personal insults against the current President. I didn't like it when everyone was Clinton bashing after the scandal, and I don't like it now. I wish I could say that personal attacks had no place in politics, but it seems to hold a bigger place than policies and ideas. Rolling Stone and many other sources have taken it too far, and they don't even attempt to be even-handed. For Instance, I read an 5-6 page article about the bands that are uniting against Bush, and then there was a little caption showing the Pro-Bush singers. And the Straw Men selected were Jessica Simpson (Dumbest Girl in America), Gene Simmons (The Longest Tongued Man in America), and the Motor City Madman Ted Nugent (Craziest Man in America). This trend has continued for a long time in RS, dating back to right after the invasion of Iraq when a few bands got together to bash Bush. They all got big write ups and pictures, and Three Doors Down got mentioned in one of the captions (Oh and Three Doors Down supports the Troops). Its ridiculous. And now I am hearing a whole lot about Fox News being overly Republican, isn't Fox News the only Right Wing news show? Are all the other stations not enough? And how can a magazine which has not even begun to be neutral attack another station of the same thing? The whole thing is repellent, and you wonder why the Youth don't vote.

Bah.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?