<$BlogRSDURL$>

An avid movie collector reviews movies, games, and TV shows for the common man, among other things. Spoiler Free

Saturday, August 07, 2004

Rick James

I was shocked to hear that Rick James died today, and I ran right over to blog about it. I had always liked "Superfreak" but before Dave Chappelle played him on his show I cared as much about Rick James as I did Bananarama, A-Ha, and Men Without Hats. After seeing the sketch I was suddenly intrigued, I want to hear the song "Unity" that inspired Rick James to craft a ring of it and bust Charlie Murphy in the head with it. I want to hear it all, even if its not any good. And now that he has passed I have even more desire to pick up a CD, and gladly place it next to my Parliament collection filed under FUNK.

I hope Rick James is in heaven, because "Superfreak" should be the music I enter heaven to.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?