<$BlogRSDURL$>

An avid movie collector reviews movies, games, and TV shows for the common man, among other things. Spoiler Free

Thursday, November 11, 2004

Guilty Pleasures

I stopped in an old video store today and they were having a big VHS clearance. I scoured the racks and found many old comedies that I had wanted. I thought I would share with you my pleasure.

Men at Work

It's 1990 and the real life brothers Charlie Sheen and Emilio Esteves rule the cinematic world. They once again decide to team up for a comedy about two trashmen who discover a body in someone's trash. Here was the tagline "Two Garbagemen who know when something smells funny!" You have to love it. And...Keith David, can you ask for more.

Bowfinger

I had this movie like three times, and it is continually stolen. So once again it is mine, with all of its goofy humor. Stars Steve Martin, Eddie Murphy, Christine Baransky, Heather Graham, Jamie Kennedy, and Terrance Stamp.

Bob Roberts

Political humor from one of my favorites Tim Robbins. Its a funny satire of the political machine with a huge all-star cast, many of which merely cameo - Tim Robbins, Alan Rickman, Brian Murray, Gore Vidal, James Spader, Helen Hunt, Peter Gallagher, Jack Black, Susan Sarandon, Fred Ward, John Cusack, Jeremy Piven.

Dracula: Dead and Loving It

Mel Brooks is a pleasure to me, and this movie which is pretty goofy even for him was a must have for me. Leslie Neilson is once again wonderful at being bumbling and Peter MacNicol as Renfield is the highlight of the movie. Although Brooks stole almost the whole cast of "Wings" for this movie with the addition of Steven Weber and Amy Yasbeck.

The Hudsucker Proxy

A wonderful Coen Brothers comedy starring Tim Robbins as the brilliant buffoon that invented the Hula Hoop. Also starring Bruce Campbell, Paul Newman, and Jennifer Jason Leigh.

P.S. - I find it amusing that probably only on this blog would Bruce Campbell be given higher billing than Paul Newman.

Payback

This dark action movie was a lot of fun especially since the main character was so bad, yet good, and played well by the always exciting Mel Gibson. Lucy Lui as the sadist was not as much fun as people tried to make it though.

Well thats my newest half dozen of additions, most of which I think I should be ashamed to own. But I will cherish them, and make you watch them with me.





Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?