<$BlogRSDURL$>

An avid movie collector reviews movies, games, and TV shows for the common man, among other things. Spoiler Free

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

I noticed that I seldom explain what the movie is about, assuming of course that you are all aware of everything that comes out and need only my suggestion on whether or not to watch it. I decided to add a quick synopsis just to make sure you know what movie I am refering to, or you can get enough of a picture to read my bird-brained review. I hope it helps.

The Incredibles



- A family of Superheros are forced to try to live normally, trouble ensues...

Quite possibly Pixar's best film to date. To catch you up to speed that would be possibly better than Toy Story 1+2, A Bug's Life, Monsters Inc., and Finding Nemo. Yeah, thats right. Once again Pixar finds a way to entertain both the adults and kids with their deep and humorous story, although this picture is more suited to the adults, which is why its possibly better instead of definately better. A great family film should be more even in its appeal, and I think some kids might have checked out during the dramatic scenes. But since I am not worried about how my kids enjoyed it, since I have none, I will go ahead and say that I enjoyed it more than the other Pixar movies greatly, and would place it in the top 5 movies of this year I think. I am still calculating that list by the way, it is getting to be that time of year. Anyway, so enough of the grading you guys want the meat. The voice work is excellent with kudos going to Craig T. Nelson, Samuel L. Jackson, and especially Holly Hunter who made the movie excellent. This movie is one of the best portrayals of a Mid-life crisis, adapting to change in a marriage, parenting, you name the family situation this touched on it. And all the while we get great humor and action, while they battle the un-super Jason Lee who plays well the whiny arch nemesis. Its Superb, and you have no excuse not to see it. Unless you have no legs. In which case I am sorry. I'll get you a bootleg. Oh man I didn't even catch that joke until after I wrote it. Boot-leg, for a legless man. Oh man I kill myself.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind



- A man goes to erase the memory of his Ex in response to her doing the same

One of those movies I really wanted to see, but didn't want to pay for. Well I paid for it, I bought it cheap assuming that I would want to buy it and saved the rental money. Well I gambled wisely, for the movie was not only excellent but featured a music video that would have warranted a purchase on its own. Michel Gondry is a filmmaking wizard, and you would know this already if you have seen any of his Kylie Minogue videos. And Charlie Kaufman always seems to find a way to write bizarre stories that really speak volumes about people. Kate Winslet finally broke the barrier that had kept me from liking her since her involvement with The Titanic (Leonardo broke that one a while ago, but Cameron you got some work to do) with a brilliant turn and the romantic lead, and Jim Carrey once again nails the dramatic role as he did in The Truman Show and Man on the Moon. In supporting roles were Kirsten Dunst, Tom Wilkinson, and Elijah Wood, and all of which performed well. I loved the film and would really like to see it again but my fiancee decided it would be better to share the film with others instead of horde it ourselves. I guess she's right.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?