<$BlogRSDURL$>

An avid movie collector reviews movies, games, and TV shows for the common man, among other things. Spoiler Free

Sunday, December 26, 2004

Christmas Continued

Seinfeld Seasons 1+2 on DVD

My soon to be Brother and Sister in laws got me this set which will begin the trend of Seinfeld seasons in my collection which will eventually have to spill into its own section of my movie world. I now have at least 20 seasons of shows, and their larger casing is making them loom large over the puny DVDs.

Thanks Greg and Becky

Dracula Legacy Collection

I have loved the classic Universal horror movies since I was a kid and Phil dressed up as Dracula every year. After Van Helsing was released to the world, they released the legacy collections which are an Orgy of classics in one set. The Dracula edition comes with the original and spanish versions from 1931, Dracula's Daughter (1936), Son of Dracula (1943), and House of Dracula (1945). Son of Dracula should be the transition from Bela Lugosi to Lon Cheney Jr. and House of Dracula should be rife with villians much like Van Helsing. But most exciting for some reason is the fact that several trailers are included, and I really want to watch horror trailers from the 1930's. This will rule and just like Seinfeld it will make me want the whole series which includes The Wolf Man, Frankenstein, The Creature from the Black Lagoon, The Invisible Man, and The Mummy.

Thanks Julie

Rain Man

The Special Edition of Rain Man came with a 27X40 Movie Frame which will join the three that my folks got to fully deck out my movie room/office. I was glad I received Rain Man because it is the kind of movie I wouldn't buy for myself but would love to have. It has 3 commentary tracks and I don't know which one I would like to hear more, probably Director Barry Levinson's.

Thanks Baughmans

Aqua Teen Hunger Force Season 3

Continuing my series collection, Aqua Teen is starting to make its presence known in the TV DVD section of my bookcase. This case is by far the best, and it was one of the few DVDs I really really wanted for Christmas.

Thanks Julie

Final Fantasy 3 for SNES

Julie hunted down a FF3 game for me and I am very proud. It was probably the biggest gaping hole in my game collection, and something I sorely missed. This game was my childhood, and I can't help but remember my first 2 cd's (Wow I used to have only 2 cd's and like 3 movies) which were R.E.M's Out of Time and Nirvana's Nevermind. I played this game and cycled back and forth the two cd's until they are now forever linked to my experience. I couldn't fight Ogres without "Country Feedback", and now I will live it again. This is a fine thing.

Thanks Julie

My parents also scored me the Seinfeld set, which I am going to return today for one of these 4 deas.

The Star Wars Trilogy

Lucas will release a 6 pack I know, but I can't wait that long, plus I don't think it will be much different by way of features. So this is my number 1 pick.

Seinfeld Season 3

The first full length season could be my purchase, in the never done "Season Switch" but this probably to be nabbed later.

Martin Scorcese Collection

They might have this at Sam's Club and if they do it will be tempting because I will never buy it and it will be awesome.

That 70's Show

I love this show and I apologize for all the mindless things I said against it. I haven't seen an episode I didn't like and so yeah I want the heck out of this.

These are my options, it will be good regardless.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?