<$BlogRSDURL$>

An avid movie collector reviews movies, games, and TV shows for the common man, among other things. Spoiler Free

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Something to Talk About

Once again I find myself struggling to update my site. Work, Wedding, and Holiday business has held me up, but I threw away the restraints and now I will rave and rant about a bunch of random crap. Old School.


Early Christmas

I celebrated some christmas happiness with a few friends a few days back and the bounty was good.

Saturday Night Live - The Best of Christopher Walken

I probably wouldn't have bought this, but now I look forward to all the great awkward skits starring the brilliant Walken. Especially the Blue Oyster Cult skit with not enough Cowbell.

Thanks Dave

Final Fantasy Anthology - PS1

I am a classic Final Fantasy fan, and I still play Final Fantasy 1 for my NES (and for my PS1, and if Julie buys the Gameboy one I'll play it too) and this set features FF 5 and 6 which are both steeped in the style and depth of the original but with a lot more features. FF 7 started in with the heavy cut scenes and changed up the gameplay (And for the better in many ways) but for me I usually want to get lost in the simplicity of the early titles. This Game set represents about 80+ hours of my life I am going to waste over the next few years. Good Prize.

Thanks Chris

Eddie Murphy and Fred Schneider CD's

I have to listen to these, Dave got them I'm sure as a gag, but its possible that they will feature a song as funny as Murphy's Party all the Time, or Schneider's Monster in my Pants. We shall see.

Thanks Dave

Classic Toys

I received the classic Iceman X-Men toy as well as the Trifecta of Star Wars Episode 1 guys - Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, and Darth Maul. The Trio will probably pose off in combat on one of my shelves, and Iceman will hang in my freezer and frost up my beverages.

Thanks CJ

Buffy Season 7

Finally I have completed the Buffy series and I would like to thank Target for offering it so cheaply on Black Friday weekend and for Julie allowing me to purchase. This set contains many hours of enjoyment, and now that Julie is actually getting into the show I am really optimistic for her to actually watch the show this far. And then we will have a good thing.

Thanks Julie

24 Season 3

Rumored stolen, and the skulls of the world threatened in my reckoning, the post office called and said they screwed up and it finally came. Now I can complete the series in time for the 2 hour premier in January. Missing the climax before the premier would have been a tragedy.

Thanks Baughmans (Actually this is a Birthday gift that was delayed by the December release of the Series.

I am selling the first season of Kids in the Hall online, if you are interested contact me or check Amazon.com


Rant

Why do things need to Match?

I have grown tired of the Aesthetic that requires colors to coordinate. We should shake this off because it restricts us in almost every way. But I know you are all thinking, "Ugh, I hate mismatched clothes and drapes and whatnot." So I move to simplify. In most futuristic movies we are all wearing one piece suits of a single color scheme and I am for it. The hassles of life would be dwindled considerably if we didn't have to worry about matching, style, and decor. I want my one piece, even if it would be entirely unflattering to my body shape I will wear it with Gusto, and style will be captured only in our choice of headwear. And I will wear a lightning bandanna.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?