<$BlogRSDURL$>

An avid movie collector reviews movies, games, and TV shows for the common man, among other things. Spoiler Free

Monday, January 03, 2005

New Reviews for the New Year

Chronicles of Riddick

*Riddick from Pitch Black returns to save the galaxy from cool Ghost Soldiers

Pitch Black was one of the better Sci-Fi movies that came out in the last few years, and so I was interested in the concept of a sequel. I of course missed it in the theatre and after CJ bought it I have been pushing for a watching, which happened tonight. It's a cool action movie if you check your brain at the door, its decent if you don't. I checked mine so I was all set. As a nice bonus you get the cool Electro-Girl from Angel the TV series which was awesome. I was really hoping for her to become a regular and so it was groovy to see her in action again. I will buy it used, Vin Diesel is just too cool as Riddick not to.

Shaun of the Dead

*
Slacker and friends battle Zombies and drink beer.

Zombies? Comedy? I'll buy it. And I would have bought it blind but it was nice to confirm its greatness before I dropped coin. Its great fun, and yet it takes seriously many of its zombie elements, and also takes seriously its homages to previous Zombie flicks. If you are a Zombie movie fan, this is a must own, if not you should enjoy the comedy anyway.

New Acquistions

Bobby and Sherri spoiled me and buried me in movies

Shaolin Soccer

I really wanted to see this for awhile, but I missed the screening that all of my other friends seem to have caught but now my time will come.

Envy

Said to be a lousy bomb, I have my doubts. I mean it has Jack Black, Ben Stiller, Rachel Weisz, and Christopher Walken, plus it is directed by Barry Levinson (Bandits). I bet its funny, but you know stupid funny. I guess we'll see.

Billy Elliot

I don't know much about this one, but Bobby vouches for it. Which is enough for me.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?