<$BlogRSDURL$>

An avid movie collector reviews movies, games, and TV shows for the common man, among other things. Spoiler Free

Thursday, January 13, 2005

Special Editions I am waiting for.

This year will see the re-release of many movies into sweet Special editions that I will crave and eventually join Columbia House to get. The first was The Fifth Element, and it will be followed by Predator 2, Heat, and Get Shorty. But I have a list of movies that I am dying to have released with features, some of which I even have features in mind.

Batman and Batman Returns - I want commentaries with Tim Burton and Michael Keaton, and a good section dedicated to adapting the comic, since these were the only two that came close. I think I might get my wish with these since the new Batman movie is coming out and actually looks good.

Beetlejuice - Another Burton/Keaton pick, i'll take another commentary from the same two people.

The Chinese Connection - Actually I would like the "Enter the Dragon" treatment for all of Bruce Lee's films, but especially this one which is my favorite.

Dick Tracy - I know it kind of bombed, but come on this would be a perfect pick for some special edition lovin'.

Dirty Harry - The whole series done up proper on DVD, with at least one worthwile feature on each film.

F.I.S.T. - This will never happen because it is the cheaper version of Hoffa starring Jack Nicholson instead of Stallone, but I liked it and I would like some features and widescreen.

The Jerk - Steve Martin's quintessential film should get its due. Maybe release it with the Pink Panther re-release he is starring in this summer.

L.A. Confidential - An excellent suspence cop movie. Should have ensemble commentary, that would rule.

The Neverending Story
- Family Fantasy always needs a special edition, this is not exempt.

Office Space - A cult hit without a SE DVD this is strange, I would make a mini game where you can smash a copy machine.

Raising Arizona
- I don't know what features I would put on this, but I would buy it regardless.

The Road Warrior
- Mad Max got its edition and this one is better. Although they are making a new sequel and I should get my wish.

Short Circuit 1+2 - A two pack with a few featurettes on the robot. I'm Game.

Thats a good list, maybe I'll think of some more.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?