<$BlogRSDURL$>

An avid movie collector reviews movies, games, and TV shows for the common man, among other things. Spoiler Free

Friday, March 25, 2005

I am now married, and after settling in a little bit I am ready to update the ol' blog.

Ella Enchanted

At first you will wonder why I watched this, and I would be unable to answer. I think it had to do with Cary Elwes and fantasy, a combination that was quite pleasurable in the past (The Princess Bride). This movie was a great fun family movie, one I would recommend to anyone with children. I have a decent amount of respect for Anne Hathaway, and I think she may have a career after Disney if she so desired. Cary Elwes is always excellent, expect him to deliver.

Robots

This movie was funny, but it tried to hard. It's best jokes were subtle and clever, but the majority of the movie was going for big dumb jokes and had a 50 percent success rate. The addition of Robin Williams was good, and Ewan McGregor was a good pick as the lead, although many of the other voice actors were just average. Another good family film but not even close to the quality level of a Pixar film.

Summer Excitement

This summer I am looking forward to many of the upcoming movies I thought I would jump in with my top 5 anticipated movies.

1. Batman Begins
The origin story of one of the biggest comic heroes ever comes to screen with Christian Bale wearing the mask and Christopher Nolan behind the camera. This can only be good, and with the addition of Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine, Ken Watanabe, Liam Neeson, and many others I think this movie will cause me to ruin my pants.

2. Serenity (Firefly)
As far as I know this is still slated to release this year, and since Firefly was one of my favorite TV shows I am longing for this movie heavily. It will be delightful to get some closure on the shows' many storylines.

3. Star Wars Episode 3
I think this might belong at the top, however since it is coming sooner and I just watched Return of the Jedi on Tuesday I might be overexposed and therefore weighing it more heavily. But you know this will rock.

4. Sin City (My wife said this is technically a spring movie)
I don't know much of anything about the comic book, but I am loving the visuals and will have to see this. Plus CJ is diehard on seeing it and I think I will join him opening night.

5. George Romero's Land of the Dead
A semi-sequel to Dawn of the Dead, which will provide Zombies and guns, always pleasurable.

Yeah, well now I'm busy and can't continue, hope that tides you over.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?